Home » 2013 Ford F-150 » 2012 F-150 EcoBoost Sales Strong!

2012 F-150 EcoBoost Sales Strong!

Thursday, September 20th 2012. | 2013 Ford F-150, News

It was a risky move back in 2011 when Ford released its v6 EcoBoost engine. But it sure has paid off! Ford has passed the 200,000 units-sold-mark on EcoBoost equipped F-150’s. It was a very bold move on Ford’s part, but it seems to be paying off. I’m still very interested to see how this works out in repair bills 10 years from now, being that it’s a much more complicated design than a traditional v8. But I have confidence in our future mechanics, of both the backyard variety and the professionals at the local repair place.


Perhaps equally impressive is the fact that 43% of new F-150’s sold in 2012 have the 3.5 liter EcoBoost engine option equipped! In addition to 11% for the base 3.7 liter v6 that makes for 54% of F-150’s sold with a v6. With the other 46% being made up mostly of the 5.0 liter v8 and some quantity of 6.2 liter premium v8’s on models like the Limited and the SVT Raptor.


This means that EcoBoost will only become more prevalent in future iterations of the F-150. Perhaps a turbo v8, or even a 4 cylinder F-150? Perhaps this strategy will also make its way to the Raptor, in which it has already been tested last year in the grueling Baja 1000 with positive results, I might add.

Topic:

ford raptor, ecoboost, ford ecoboost, f150 ecoboost, ecoboost ford, ecoboost f150, 2014 ecoboost f150, f 150 ecoboost, f-150 ecoboost
Cat : 2013 Ford F-150, News, tags: , ,

Latest

Related Post